Join us on Saturday, January 25 at 10 a.m. at the Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park for a hike along the rock formations that you’ve likely seen in episodes of “Star Trek” and other science fiction TV shows and movies.
Vasquez Rocks Park is one of the most interesting geologic landscapes in Southern California. The “hogback ridges” of Vasquez Rocks have been featured in geology books and are noted in brochures as one of the “things to see in Southern California.”
The rocks are actually pretty easy to climb around on if you bring a good pair of hiking shoes. The best part is finding your own way around the rocks, and if you are adventurous, climbing to the top of some. Be sure to bring your camera, as the vistas change with every step.
We’ll meet at the Interpretive Center at 10 a.m. The center is 100 yards from the entrance gate.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you plan to attend so we can keep an eye out for you.
Directions from Los Angeles:
1. Take US-101 N toward Hollywood Fwy / Harbor Fwy. for 10.4 mi
2. Keep left to take CA-170 N toward Sacramento. for 6.7 mi
3. CA-170 N becomes I-5 N for 6.9 mi
4. Keep right to take I-5-TRUCK N toward CA-14 N for 1.5 mi
5. Merge onto CA-14 N toward Palmdale / Lancaster for 14.9 mi
6. Take the Agua Dulce Canyon Rd exit, EXIT 15 for 0.3 mi
7. Turn left onto Agua Dulce Canyon Rd. for 1.9 mi
8. Stay straight to go onto Escondido Canyon Rd. to 10700 Escondido Canyon Rd
9. Make right into park stay to the right and park in the interpretive center parking (Meeting Point)
From Santa Monica:
1. Take I-405 N toward Sacramento. for 19.9 mi
2. Stay straight to go onto I-5 N.for 1.5 mi
3. Keep right to take I-5-TRUCK N toward CA-14 N. for 1.5 mi
4. Merge onto CA-14 N toward Palmdale/Lancaster. for 14.9 mi
5. Take the Agua Dulce Canyon Rd exit, EXIT 15 for 0.3 mi
6. Turn left onto Agua Dulce Canyon Rd. for 1.9 mi
7. Stay straight to go onto Escondido Canyon Rd. to 10700 Escondido Canyon Rd
8. Make right into park stay to the right and park in the interpretive center parking (Meeting Point)
Appoximately 40 Miles for both, but on Saturday morning, should take about 35 minutes to get there.