1960s Trivia Quiz
Take this fun quiz and you could win tickets to Singular magazine’s Psychedelic 60s Party on Saturday, September 29 at the Mr Musichead gallery in Hollywood.
Illustration by Alan Aldridge.
We have a winner! Congratulations to SingularCity member Garrett Swayne for getting all of the answers, now listed below in red.
Thanks for playing and we hope to see you at Singular magazine’s Celebrate the Psychedelic 60s party on Saturday, September 29 at the Mr Musichead gallery at 7511 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 Sunset Blvd in Hollywood.
Tickets are just $20 when you buy in advance online, and $30 at the door and include art exhibit from 60s icon artist Alan Aldridge, an open wine bar, delicious appetizers from Black Diamond Productions, complimentary Virgil’s Root Beer and Reed’s Ginger Beer, gourmet Drunken Udder liquor-infused ice cream and vouchers for margaritas at the after-party at Pink Taco on Sunset Blvd.
Click here to get your tickets: http://psychedelic-60s-party.eventbrite.com/
Singular’s Swinging 60s Trivia Quiz:
- 1968 saw the Broadway premiere of what is widely regarded as the first specimen of a “rock musical” genre and included a scene where the performers appeared nude. You probably know the musical, but which song is sung during the nude scene?
Let the Sun Shine In
- This event, the first of its kind, was broadcast simultaneously on CBS and NBC on January 15, 1967. By what name is this event known today?
Super Bowl I
The Montgomery Bus Boycott
- In what year did The Beatle’s Magical Mystery Tourcome out?
- On December 18, 1969, the sixth movie in a series still being produced today was released. This particular movie is the only one where the actor played the title role only once (all other actors who played this role have done so multiple times). What is the actor’s name?
- How many records did Cream release between 1966 and 1969?
- Name the actor who played Inspector Jacques Clouseau in the Pink Pantherfilms.
- Formed in 1965, who was NOT in the original line up of Big Brother and the Holding Company?
- What year did a man land on the moon?
- What group was created for TV and later became a real group?
Gerry and the Pacemakers
Paul Revere and the Raiders
- Who recorded the album Surrealistic Pillow?
Country Joe and the Fish
- When the Rolling Stones performed “Let’s Spend the Night Together” on The Ed Sullivan Showin 1967, what did they have to change the song’s title to:
“Let’s Spend Some Time Together”
“Let’s Do A Crime Together”
“Let’s Make A Rhyme Together”
“Let’s Be Divine Together”
- Who coined the phrase: “Turn on, tune in, drop out”?
- He was one of the great innovators of the non-fictional novel, an ardent opponent to the Vietnam War and in 1969, was an independent candidate for the mayor of New York.
- What folksinger was romantically involved with Bob Dylan, an ardent peace activist, and married draft resister David Harris in 1968?
- He was the most famous activist in the 1960s, coined the word “yippies” and was booed off the stage at Woodstock for interrupting the music.
Powered by Facebook Comments